Monday, October 7, 2013

Movie Review: World War Z

My rating: 3.5/5

From Amazon: "A former UN investigator is thrust into the middle of trying to stop what could be the end of the world. Worldwide destruction sends him around the globe seeking clues about what they are fighting and what it will take to defeat it, as he tries to save the lives of billions of strangers, as well as his own beloved family."

I actually didn't think this movie was half bad, even though I'd heard it was terrible.  It sort of followed the book, though not exactly, but that really didn't bother me at all.  I didn't notice any bad acting, and Brad Pitt was great for the main character. It was intense, and it did intensity well; but when it tried to be emotional, it didn't quite get there, and I'm not really sure why. In fact the only thing that almost choked me up, a little, was the police officer who ran into the looted grocery store, seemingly because of the gunfire... and ignores the firefight to fill a bag with baby food.  I can't give the movie a very high rating though only because the level of coincidence in the events is staggeringly unrealistic. We literally laughed at these moments.  But other than that, it is an enjoyable movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!