Monday, April 4, 2011

Autism Awareness Reading Challenge

April is Autism Awareness Month, and the Uniflame Creates blog is hosting a reading challenge. 

From the blog post:
"The Rules:
- The challenge runs from April 1st till April 30th.
- You only have to read one book that has something to do with autism.
- Write your thoughts in a blogpost and leave the link to this post in a comment (I will edit this post throughout the challenge to add the links)
- Sharing this post is appreciated because I would like to reach as many people as possible and hope that they will participate :)"

Their recommendations include A Friend Like Henry, With the Light, and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.  I'd add Look Me in the Eye: My Life With Asperger's to that list.

Also, they'll also be doing some sort of autism-related giveaway mid-April!

Read the full blog post here.

2 comments:

  1. Curious Incident is such a good book. Very well written. And yay for including Look Me in the Eye. I enjoyed that. Definitely an interesting look into aspergers.

    -Let's Get Beyond Tolerance

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's excellent written. I inspire this book each and every topic get some new things to learned from this book.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!